Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dolce Far Niente

"The sweetness of doing nothing."
That is English translation of dolce far niente from Italian according to Eat, Pray, Love. I was watching that  movie today since I am home sick. It actually really inspires me to continue traveling. I remember being so afraid when I was leaving and wanting to back out, which thinking back now was ridiculous. It's not like I was completely by myself.
Anyway, "dolce far niente"suits my lifestyle today very much. In the movie they say Americans just get lazy, get a six pack, and sit at home in front of the t.v. I find that to be sadly true.
Here I am, with a pizza sitting here watching movies, although I guess it's not completely lazy since I am sick rather than at work. I'm kinda glad I am getting to just chill today, work has been so stressful lately.
Besides that, the weather has been really nice in Alameda lately. Well everyday except for yesterday where it finally started getting chilly, I guess we are just getting another late winter!

Our beautiful weather from just a few days ago:






And this is what it has turned into...



And with that I will end this post with my cat, Moose! ♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment